Your 2016 Dues are due!
To Pay Membership Dues Click Here
When you select the link above, you will be asked to log into the fraternity website (if you are not logged in already). Select the Des Moines Alumnae Chapter from the list and click on continue. Fill out the form as directed.
For current or incoming members: please help our chapter best meet the needs of area alumnae by filling out this survey. Thank you!
Be a Part of Our Chapter
One of our goals is to strengthen the alumna/collegiate interactions. We are in a unique position n in Des Moines in that we support two college chapters, Gamma Pi, Iowa State Univeristy and Beta Kappa, Drake Unviersity. The alums provide collegians with snacks during finals week, host a senior send off for graduating Thetas, and participate in joint CASA efforts throughout the year. Most of the Chapter Advisors and members of Facility Corporation Board are members in the Des Moines Alumnae Chapter.
Alumnae can support the Fraternity's mission and keep Theta alive in Des Moines by paying dues. Due paying members recieve the benefit of reduced fees for events, such as Founders Day.
Alumnae per capita fees support the programs, services, and operations of the Fraternity, including:
• Fraternity per capita dues ($30)
• Yearly Kappa Alpha Theta Magazine subscription (4 issues/year)
• College and alumnae programing, training, and other resources
• Upgrades in technology for membership record keeping
• Grand convention delegate expenses
• Recogniton of 50 and 75 year Thetas
• Expansion and establishment of new chapters
The remainder of your dues goes to the endeavors of the Des Moines Alumnae Chapter:
• Collegiate Courtesies- Snacks and treats during finals for Beta Kappa and Gamma Pi chapters; Beta
Kappa initiation breakfast
• Senior Sendoff- Meal and small gift honoring graduating seniors of Beta Kappa and Gamma Pi chapters
• Recognition of 25, 50, and 75-year alumnae
• Program support-Maintaing scrapbooks, directories and newsletters
• CASA Support- Annual gift to local CASA in addition to other support throughout the year
• Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation Support- Annual gift from the Des Moines Alumnae Chapter
*Due paying members receive benefits such as reduced fees at events, including Founders Day.
If you are a Life Loyal member, alumnae chapter dues are reduced by $30. Life Loyal members pay a one-time fee to the Fraternity for life-long memership.
If you are interested in becoming a Life Loyal member, click here for more information.